Topics

Turn Cursor Off in Mode 7 ?

Storer, Darren

Hi,

When using the original BBC Micro based SAA5050 chip it wasn't possible to turn off the Mode 7 cursor due to hardware restrictions but all of the other modes via the 6845 CRTC controller supported turning the cursor off.

For some reason I thought that turning the cursor off in Mode 7 when using BB4W was supported but under version 6.10a I don't seem to be able to make that happen; either using the OFF command or the VDU 23,1,0;0;0;0; command. Perhaps I am confused (wouldn't be the first time).

Any tip/hints gratefully received - thanks in advance.

Darren