Topics

The Sussex Carol

Richard Russell

Here's a seasonal offering from Ron Stickley: The Sussex Carol, transcribed for the old Z80 Music Program in 1983. The code will run in 'BBC BASIC for SDL 2.0' (on all platforms, including the experimental 64-bit version!) or in 'BBC BASIC for Windows' (including the trial version).

I don't think it's common to repeat the first verse, but Ron did so I've kept that feature in his memory. I'm so pleased that a reasonably complete archive of Ron's transcriptions has survived all this time.

The source code can be found at the forum.

I'm rather disappointed to have received no reaction to this (except a solitary 'like' on Facebook). Is it that bad? Or have the religious overtones inadvertently caused offence (I am an atheist but I can still enjoy the music and appreciate the skill that went into the transcription)?

Richard Russell wrote:
I'm rather disappointed to have received no reaction to this (except a
solitary 'like' on Facebook). Is it that bad? Or have the religious
overtones inadvertently caused offence (I am an atheist but I can
still enjoy the music and appreciate the skill that went into the
transcription)?
No, I enjoyed it! Just been busy sorting the repairs of the damage from a burst pipe some months ago, and a dead boiler. I've spent way too much time with a paintbursh and not in front of a keyboard.

--
J.G.Harston - jgh@... - mdfs.net/jgh

Daniel Bingamon

It's a busy time of year. I haven't finished Christmas shopping yet and when I'm off work for a couple weeks it's going to be a lot of house and car repairs.
Daniel Bingamon