Topics

locked Splash Screen Poll #poll

maurice

In the 1980's I was introduced to GW Basic ,courtesy of Alan Sugar and his student's notepad. It became a valuable tool in pursuit of my hobby of Amateur Radio. Formulas that were in constant use were quickly coded and saved. The notepad stayed off while practical work proceeded and starting from switching it on any value could be formulated in seconds. I voiced the opinion on Facebook that this simple device and its use of the BASIC language was, and still is superior and faster (from "off") in every way to modern devices and spreadsheets.  I am delighted to be acquainted with the language once again and am making good use of it. Many young people think that coding is out of their league, they are wrong.