Topics

Solved

Richard & others,

I have just been attempting to install bbcsdl on another machine running Linux Mint 19 (64 bit) using the 64 bit libraries and got this error message, as has been reported by others before …

./bbcsdl: error while loading shared libraries: libSDL2-2.0.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

I then installed the three 32 bit libraries and it worked ok.

Yep, easy mistake .. Thanks again Richard .. Leslie

On Wed, Feb 6, 2019 at 06:36 PM, Leslie Baker wrote:

I then installed the three 32 bit libraries and it worked ok.

Please bear in mind that I now supply both 32-bit and 64-bit Linux editions of BBCSDL (the 64-bit edition is no longer 'experimental' as it was for a long time) so there is no longer any need to mess around with loading 32-bit libraries on 64-bit Linux.  Compatibility obviously suffers somewhat, but getting used to writing 64-bit-compatible BBC BASIC programs is no bad thing (the MacOS edition is now 64-bit only and that's the direction things are moving).

There are notes on 32-bit vs 64-bit compatibility issues in the 'differences' document here.