Topics

Raspberry Pi and GPIO pins

Colin Rose

Most of  the many programming languages for the Pi facilitate interaction with the GPIO pins, indeed it is the principle reason many people have taken to the Pi. This is often achieved with a library, for instance, RPi.GPIO in the case of Python.
Is it possible to interact with the GPIO pins using BBCSDL?

Colin

Richard Russell

On Sat, Aug 19, 2017 at 01:50 am, Colin Rose wrote:
That's precisely what 'gpiolib.bbc' (in the @lib$ folder) is for!  Instructions for its use are in the library itself.  There's a simple demonstration program here.

Richard.

Colin Rose

Thank you. As you can tell, I haven’t yet tried installing BBCSDL but after that confirmation I may have a reason to do so.

Colin

Sent: Saturday, August 19, 2017 10:11 AM
To: bb4w@groups.io
Subject: Re: [bb4w] Raspberry Pi and GPIO pins

On Sat, Aug 19, 2017 at 01:50 am, Colin Rose wrote:
That's precisely what 'gpiolib.bbc' (in the @lib$ folder) is for!  Instructions for its use are in the library itself.  There's a simple demonstration program here.

Richard.

Richard Russell

On Sat, Aug 19, 2017 at 02:31 am, Colin Rose wrote:
I haven’t yet tried installing BBCSDL
Because of the way BBCSDL is 'packaged', the gpiolib library comes with all the desktop editions (Windows, Linux, Mac OS) even though it's only useful on the Raspberry Pi.  So if you want to look at the code (or the comments) you can download, say, the Windows edition and extract just that one file from the Zip archive.

Richard.