Topics

Locked topic

Richard Russell

I have locked the '64-bit indirection' topic because it no longer has any relevance.  I also received one complaint and one resignation from the group as a result of what I posted there.  I should never have started the thread at a time of year when I am at such a low ebb, but sometimes any kind of feedback is welcome.

Richard.

Paul F Tolson

Hi Richard

I hope you feel better soon and wish you a happy and prosperous New Year.

Bestest

Paul

On 31/12/2017 10:11, Richard Russell wrote:
I have locked the '64-bit indirection' topic because it no longer has any relevance.  I also received one complaint and one resignation from the group as a result of what I posted there.  I should never have started the thread at a time of year when I am at such a low ebb, but sometimes any kind of feedback is welcome.

Richard.

Brian Jordan

Richard

On 31 Dec, Richard Russell <news@...> wrote:
I have locked the '64-bit indirection' topic because it no longer has
any relevance...
[Snip]

Whatever the outcome the fact that you opened the discussion and, with
the input of a number of people much smarter than me, explored it to the
point where you came to this conclusion demonstrates your ongoing
commitment to this language in all its variants. Thank you.

Brian Jordan

Brian Jordan
From somewhere in North Hampshire. England. UK.

Norman Vingoe

Hi Richard; and BBC Basic enters another year, whilst I only use core features and for hobby purposes I look forward with interest to developments.
Don't be disheartened by comments at this time of year when people have much other things on their minds than to concentrate enough to give consideration to such programming language issues.

Happy 2018

On Sun, 31 Dec 2017 at 10:46, Brian Jordan
<brian.jordan9@...> wrote:
Richard

On 31 Dec, Richard Russell <news@...> wrote:
> I have locked the '64-bit indirection' topic because it no longer has
>  any relevance...

[Snip]

Whatever the outcome the fact that you opened the discussion and, with
the input of a number of people much smarter than me, explored it to the
point where you came to this conclusion demonstrates your ongoing
commitment to this language in all its variants. Thank you.

Brian Jordan

Brian Jordan
From somewhere in North Hampshire. England. UK.