Topics

Is there anybody there?

Richard Russell

I am very conscious that messages that I have posted here in the last few days are not receiving any replies.  I announced the release of BBCSDL v1.00c with a request for feedback: NOTHING.  I specifically asked David Nichols to test the new version and report back: NOTHING.  I responded to Leslie Baker about his window resizing problems: NOTHING.  Either I am being ignored or a technical fault is causing my messages not to be forwarded to members who receive them as emails (in which case I am talking to myself); I'm not sure which is preferable!!

8mbgmgs@...

Hi,

I'm replying to this message just to let you know that I can see it.
Sorry for not giving feedback. I don't think the feedback I could give would be useful anyway because it would essentially be "everything looks fine".

Regards,

Howard

I always read everything Richard, but have not had anything to contribute of late.  Keep up the good work - we might be few in number and busy on other things, but still hugely appreciative.
Howard

michael

I can see your post Richard.  Your not being ignored.

Regards, Michael

I read everything but my lack of knowledge precludes me from attempting to contribute.

I was overjoyed when the ability to program phones became available but my health has stopped me from experimenting very much.

I hope to be able to pick up soon but believe the majority of users are fully aware of the genius behind BB4W and allied programs.

Please continue your amazing journey.

Regards,

Bob.

From: Richard Russell <news@...>
Date: 12/02/2019 15:50 (GMT+00:00)
To: bb4w@groups.io
Subject: Re: [bb4w] Is there anybody there?

On Tue, Feb 12, 2019 at 03:29 PM, michael wrote:
I can see your post Richard.  Your not being ignored.
Hmm.  That doesn't explain why those members who were so keen to investigate, and to help me try to fix, the reported 'ellipses' fault last week ('Jon Welch', 'lettersquash', 'gav', 'Ken Orr', 'Lifes Voyager' and 'DaveinSpain') are apparently no longer interested this week.  Something's not right.

Richard Weir

I'm very sorry for my total silence of late. I am ill following the death of my father and the care he needed during his last months. I eagerly read everything posted on this group in the earnest hope I will be able to get back into coding. But for now, I am too tired.

Many thanks for all your efforts. Coding in BB4W was a joy while I had the leisure to do so!

Richard Weir.

8mbgmgs@...

Richard is an intense kind of person, but that's what we like about him. I greatly admire his spirit and respect him for his strong, straight-talking personality. He's the kind of guy who really puts his heart into things, and no doubt it's a big part of why BBC BASIC is so good.

I hope he will reconsider leaving the group, but at the same time I respect his choices. And considering the pain & health troubles he's dealing with, he really doesn't need any extra stress in his life, so maybe taking a break from being involved in the group would be a good chance for him to relax and rest.