Topics

Greetings

Cecil Bayona

Hello to everyone here, I just recently bought a copy of BB4W software but I have yet to install it, I'm waiting for a clarification of the licensing to see if I can install it on more than one PC. I'm retired and have a ton of PCs scattered throughout the house and it would be really convenient to work on any of several PCs in different areas of the house.

Anyway I purchase of BBC Basic because it's required in order to make changes to BB4wForth which I want to see if I can add some minor tweaks. Next week I will try to check it out and see if it compiles with the newer copies of BBC. But after nosing around I see that it generates small executable files so I could be handy for creating tools.

An area that I currently desiring to have some tools for is the manipulation of MySQL databases on my web site so today I been looking for tools in that area and becoming acquainted with web sites on BB4W.

I see that Linux versions are available and that sounds interesting to me as I'm thinking of switching most of my PCs to Linux but I have not found a way to get a copy, I'm also interested in the MAC version as I have several MACs.

Anyway hello, my hobby interest are PCs, Programming, Forth, Design of Electronics hardware, Hiking, Birding and general photography

--
Cecil - k5nwa
http://thepartsplace.k5nwa.com/

Richard Russell

On Tue, May 30, 2017 at 02:06 pm, Cecil Bayona wrote:
I purchase of BBC Basic because it's required in order to make changes to BB4wForth which I want to see if I can add some minor tweaks

Please note that BB4WForth was recently updated to version 0.39, which can be found in the Files section of this group (in the Miscellaneous folder):

https://groups.io/g/bb4w/files/Miscellaneous/bb4wforth.zip

Richard.

Cecil Bayona

On 5/30/2017 6:23 PM, Richard Russell wrote:
On Tue, May 30, 2017 at 02:06 pm, Cecil Bayona wrote:
I purchase of BBC Basic because it's required in order to make
changes to BB4wForth which I want to see if I can add some minor tweaks
Please note that BB4WForth was recently updated to version 0.39, which can be found in the Files section of this group (in the Miscellaneous folder):
https://groups.io/g/bb4w/files/Miscellaneous/bb4wforth.zip
Richard.
_._,_._,_
Is that the free version or the paid version?

I will be installing BB4W that I downloaded with the purchase tomorrow and run the upgrade utility.

While I have your attention are the other versions of BB4W for Linux, MacOS, and ARM available or is the free version the only ones available at this time?

Thanks
--

On Tue, May 30, 2017 at 07:30 pm, Cecil Bayona wrote:
Is that the free version or the paid version?

BB4WForth has always been completely free.

Similarly, BBCSDL (the cross-platform version of BBC BASIC for Windows, Linux, Mac OS-X and Android) is free and will remain so 'forever'.  The other side of the coin is that BBCSDL is a collaborative project and I am relying on contributions from others.

I have only one paid-for product: BBC BASIC for Windows (and there is a free trial version of that); all my other products, including LB Booster, are freeware.

Richard.

Cecil Bayona

On 5/31/2017 3:26 AM, Richard Russell wrote:
On Tue, May 30, 2017 at 07:30 pm, Cecil Bayona wrote:
Is that the free version or the paid version?
*BB4WForth* has always been completely free.
Similarly, *BBCSDL* (the cross-platform version of BBC BASIC for Windows, Linux, Mac OS-X and Android) is free and will remain so 'forever'. The other side of the coin is that BBCSDL is a collaborative project and I am relying on contributions from others.
I have only one paid-for product: */BBC BASIC for Windows /*(and there is a free trial version of that); all my other products, including *LB Booster*, are freeware.
__
Richard.
_._,_._,_
I see I replied to the wrong email, my mistake, I meant to reply to the email with the links to download the latest cross BBC Basic products (BBCSDL).

I also wrongly assumed that BB4W was also another name to BBC Basic as I saw used many times in that context on a forum and on the Wiki a link there "BB4W" leads to a page that the subject is all about BBC Basic.

I still have a lot to read and find out about this product, fortunately there is a lot of information but it takes time to read it all. I installed it last night on this PC and in a day or two I will start becoming more familiar with it when I have more time.

Free forever, that is nice, later in the week I will install the Linux and Mac versions. Where would one submit feedback on these products? I have not read much on them yet other than to note that there are some differences to the BBC Basic for Windows product and that is to be expected due to the OS differences.

Have a good day.

--

On Wed, May 31, 2017 at 09:25 am, Cecil Bayona wrote:
Where would one submit feedback on these products?

Here is fine.  Alternatively you can post to the Conforums board, which has better support for including code listings within messages.  If you prefer a more personal approach you can of course email me directly.