Topics

Google pixel and BBCSDL

Ric

Just to let you know, as you asked. BBCSDL doesn't work on my Google pixel phone 😥

Richard Russell

On Sat, Jan 20, 2018 at 06:54 am, Ric wrote:
BBCSDL doesn't work on my Google pixel phone
Is it the same symptom as the OnePlus 5: the menu of programs appears OK but attempting to run any of them crashes?

Richard.

Ric

It appears fine initially, but crashes after a second even if you don't try to access the menu items.

Richard Russell

On Mon, Jan 22, 2018 at 05:55 am, Ric wrote:
It appears fine initially, but crashes after a second even if you don't try to access the menu items.
Hmm, not sure about that.  Can you run any of the demo programs (if you do it quickly enough), and if so do they crash too?

Although you might hope that the Google Pixel would be the most 'standard' of all Android devices (coming as it does from the same stable as Android itself) it may be that 'too much knowledge is a bad thing'!

My current intention is to release an update to BBCSDL as soon as my 'Splash Screen Competition' has concluded, so it will be interesting to see whether the new version (which runs OK on the OnePlus 5) makes a difference.

Richard.

Ric

I do apologise, it only crashes when you try to access the menu.

Sent from my HTC