Topics

Calling ARM programmers

Richard Russell

Those of you who have tried the Raspberry Pi edition of BBCSDL will have spotted that neither the Run... Debug nor Run... Profile options are available. This is because both rely on 'sdldebug.bbc' (in the @lib$ folder) which contains a substantial amount of assembler code, which of course is x86-specific.

It would obviously be highly desirable for those debugging options to work on the RPi, but to do so it will require an ARM version of 'sdldebug.bbc' to be written. Since I'm not an ARM programmer (far from it!) this is not something I can contribute to.

There must be people here with a background in programming the Acorn Archimedes or RISC PC, who have some experience with ARM assembly language. I would greatly appreciate it if somebody would volunteer to write and test the required code.

On Fri, Jul 7, 2017 at 06:46 am, Richard Russell wrote:
I would greatly appreciate it if somebody would volunteer to write and test the required code.
Do I have to beg, or offer a cash reward, to get a response? If it's the latter, I'm open to negotiation!

Richard Russell wrote:
Richard Russell wrote:
I would greatly appreciate it if somebody would volunteer to write
and test the required code.
Do I have to beg, or offer a cash reward, to get a response? If it's
the latter, I'm open to negotiation!
I've downloaded the code to look at it, but I'm about to set off for the
airport for a fortnight in Ireland.

--
J.G.Harston - jgh@... - mdfs.net/jgh

Richard Russell

On Fri, Jul 14, 2017 at 09:58 am, J.G.Harston wrote:
I've downloaded the code to look at it, but I'm about to set off for the
airport for a fortnight in Ireland.
You'll need something to do while you shelter from the rain....

J.G.Harston

Richard Russell wrote:
J.G.Harston wrote:
I've downloaded the code to look at it, but I'm about to set off for the
airport for a fortnight in Ireland.
You'll need something to do while you shelter from the rain....
I am taking my laptop.... :)

jgh

John Alfred

I'm in Adare, Co Limerick.