Topics

BOX2D library for BBCSDL?

Richard Russell

If I were to port the BOX2D library to BBCSDL (which wouldn't be easy, given that the DLL was built in Visual Studio) would anybody use it?

Richard.

as7200@...

Hello Richard,

I just looked this up. This looks like it be be used to simulate some robotic movement. If this is true then I would like to use it.
Kind regards

John

Richard Russell

On Fri, Sep 22, 2017 at 10:40 am, <as7200@...> wrote:
If this is true then I would like to use it.
Do you mean specifically in BBCSDL?  You can of course use BOX2D in BB4W now: the libraries are still available from the link at the Wiki - although they will need a new home once Wiggio closes.  There's even a YouTube walkthrough, the only one I've ever made!  My question was about porting it for use in a cross-platform environment, in practice Mac OS or Linux, so is that what you are hoping for?

Bump.  Please clarify whether your desire for Box2D is specifically for BBCSDL (i.e. cross-platform) or whether you would be able to use the existing BB4W libraries.

Richard.