Topics

BBCSDL "Render target not supported"

Daniel Bingamon

I've put BBC SDL on several machines lately, however I have this one laptop that comes up with this message
"Render targets not supported"

It's a garden variety Dell Lattitude D620 running Windows 7.
About 3GB remaining hard drive space, 4GB RAM

Anyone seen this before?

Daniel Bingamon

Richard Russell

On Fri, Jan 4, 2019 at 06:09 PM, Daniel Bingamon wrote:
Anyone seen this before?
It corresponds to the value returned from SDL_RendererInfo() not including the SDL_RENDERER_TARGETTEXTURE bit, and indicates that the GPU/graphics capabilities of the machine in question are very limited.  It's possible that a driver update will add this capability, but otherwise the PC is too lacking in graphics functionality to support BBCSDL.  So check to see if a later graphics driver is available and keep your fingers crossed!