Topics

locked BBC BASIC SDL for Windows

Jerónimo Luis Dalla Via

Hello, how are you?

In one PC when I try to run BBC BASIC SDL for Windows I have this error message. I think it is because of an invalid character in the user name (Jerónimo) in Windows. Is there a way to redirect or solve the problem?

Couldn't open C:\Users\Jermo\AppData\Local\Temp\dlg98.tmp.bmp in module C:\bbcsdl20\lib\dlglib

Thank you very much for your help!

Best regards.

Saludos,

Jerónimo

Libre de virus. www.avast.com

Richard Russell

On Tue, Mar 31, 2020 at 03:56 PM, Jerónimo Luis Dalla Via wrote:
I think it is because of an invalid character in the user name (Jerónimo) in Windows.
I'm not convinced that is the reason, because the error message showed \users\Jermo\ not \users\Jerónimo\ (Windows 10 restricts user names to five letters, so for example mine is \users\richa\ not \users\richard\).  My initial suggestion would be to clear out your %TEMP% directory (which is where the error is originating); make sure there are no dlg??.tmp.bmp files there.

Jerónimo Luis Dalla Via

Hi Richard, thank you very much.

I did but it did not solve the problem.

What else can I do?