From: Richard Russell <news@...>
To: bb4w@groups.io
Sent: Sunday, 11 June 2017, 17:14
Subject: Re: [bb4w] Apple phasing out 32-bit support

On Sun, Jun 11, 2017 at 08:48 am, John Alfred wrote:
No I was serious in my suggestion. It wasn't a joke!
As I said in an earlier message, Apple are forcing programmers to move to 64-bit code not (primarily) for technical reasons but as company policy.  They have no interest in the degree of inconvenience that it will cause.  The reason I assumed your comment was a joke was the implication that Apple might care about a program that they have never heard of, written by a private individual, and of which there is not a single user on their platform (so far as I'm aware); of course they don't.  Apple rarely take notice even of international corporations or governments!

Richard.