Topics

OT: Teletext frame editors..

Alex Farlie

Does anyone know of any reasonable ones?

I was using http://teastop.co.uk/teletext/wxted/index.html  for a while but it seemed to be very simplistic.

Given that MODE 7 was used exetensively for BBS on the BBC Micro, there must have been 'frame' editors that existed, some of which may well have been in BBC BASIC.

My reason for asking is wanting to "eventually" draw some mockups for what a  pre internet Wikivoyage (A Travel guide)  might have looked like ;)

Storer, Darren

Hi Alex,

JGH has a Teletext editor that could potentially be converted to run under BB4W...

Hope this helps

Darren

On 25 February 2018 at 19:49, Alex Farlie <alex.farlie@...> wrote:
Does anyone know of any reasonable ones?

I was using http://teastop.co.uk/teletext/wxted/index.html  for a while but it seemed to be very simplistic.

Given that MODE 7 was used exetensively for BBS on the BBC Micro, there must have been 'frame' editors that existed, some of which may well have been in BBC BASIC.

My reason for asking is wanting to "eventually" draw some mockups for what a  pre internet Wikivoyage (A Travel guide)  might have looked like ;)

Richard Russell

On Sun, Feb 25, 2018 at 11:49 am, Alex Farlie wrote:
Does anyone know of any reasonable ones?
Written in BBC BASIC specifically?  I'm not claiming it is "reasonable" (it isn't, by the standards of teletext editors generally) but of course there's mine!  It's based closely on the teletext editing part of my Test Card Generator software - I think I just stripped it out to make it a separate app.  Are you after source code or a Windows executable?  If you want a taster of what mine is like you can download the TCG software from my web site - you don't need the physical generator to run it!

Richard.

Rob O'Donnell

There are lots, I have at least a dozen..

Or you could just go to http://edit.tf

Rob.

--
Sent from a mobile device. Please excuse brevity or spoiling mistooks.

On 25 Feb 2018 20:57, "Storer, Darren" <darren.storer@...> wrote:
Hi Alex,

JGH has a Teletext editor that could potentially be converted to run under BB4W...

Hope this helps

Darren

On 25 February 2018 at 19:49, Alex Farlie <alex.farlie@...> wrote:
Does anyone know of any reasonable ones?

I was using http://teastop.co.uk/teletext/wxted/index.html  for a while but it seemed to be very simplistic.

Given that MODE 7 was used exetensively for BBS on the BBC Micro, there must have been 'frame' editors that existed, some of which may well have been in BBC BASIC.

My reason for asking is wanting to "eventually" draw some mockups for what a  pre internet Wikivoyage (A Travel guide)  might have looked like ;)

Alex Farlie

Thank you.

It didn't have to be in BB4W,  but I'll certainly look at the item you mentioned.