Re: Problem with SWAP on Android using BBCSDL

DaveinSpain

I was experimenting with moving blocks around. I looked at the keywords list within 'touchide.bbc' and came across SWAP so I tried it - RECTANGLE SWAP - but got no response, not even an error message. I therefore thought that I was doing something wrong, it didn't occur to me that it doesn't exist! RECTANGLE FILL worked well for what I wanted.

Most programs are incomplete, look at Microsoft's Office! EXCEL is always being updated! BBCSDL - in my humble opinion - was good and ready to go to v1.00
Dave N

On Feb 11, 2019 00:24, Richard Russell <news@...> wrote:

>
> On Thu, Feb 7, 2019 at 01:56 PM, Richard Russell wrote:

>>
>> No.  It's not a 'standard' BBC BASIC feature anyway: it's something I added in BB4W (because I could) but it's not present in any other version, including Acorn versions and BBCSDL.  I've never seen it used in a program so I didn't think it would be missed.

>
> I was expecting (or at least hoping for) some reaction to this, for example in respect of what your use case is (were you experimenting with RECTANGLE SWAP out of curiosity or because you have a specific application?) or whether anybody else considers the absence of this feature from BBCSDL to be of concern.  I'm willing to bet that 90% of BB4W users have never been aware that it existed!
>
> There are several other features of BB4W which have never made it into BBCSDL, either because of the difficulty involved or because I haven't been able to motivate myself to do so.  When I canvassed opinion on whether to bump the version number to 1.00 I drew attention to the fact that BBCSDL is 'incomplete' but that didn't seem to be of great concern, at least not sufficiently so to warrant delaying that move.
>
> But I am still interested to know if there are features that people think should be added.
> _._,_._,_
> ________________________________

Join bb4w@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.