Re: Problem with ellipsefill on Android using BBCSDL 1.00a

Ken Orr

Hi Richard,

I am afraid it fails on "modern" android and Windows too.  I have attached screenshots of ellipses.bbc of my acer laptop  (Acer Aspire 7736z-4088) running Windows 10 on BBCSD20 1.00a  and of my Moto e4 (running Android 7.1.1) on BBCSDL20 1.00b.

Ken

On 07/02/2019 16:57, Richard Russell wrote:
On Thu, Feb 7, 2019 at 12:59 PM, lettersquash wrote:
I also get improved elipses, but with occasional ones (mainly near-horizontal aspect, but one or two near vertical) that fail and cause the background to flash when these come round to be drawn again.
It sounds as though the ellipses are not forming 'closed curves' at those specific angles, allowing the flood-fill to leak through.  I'm not aware of similar problems on any of the desktop platforms (Windows, MacOS, Linux, Raspberry Pi) or on iOS so this seems to be an Android-specific thing, albeit that it works perfectly on all the Android devices I have here (at least six).

I'd be interested to learn if it is failing on any relatively modern device, because even Android 5.1 (Lollipop) is pretty ancient.