Re: Problem with ellipsefill on Android using BBCSDL 1.00a

Richard Russell

On Thu, Feb 7, 2019 at 12:59 PM, lettersquash wrote:
I also get improved elipses, but with occasional ones (mainly near-horizontal aspect, but one or two near vertical) that fail and cause the background to flash when these come round to be drawn again.
It sounds as though the ellipses are not forming 'closed curves' at those specific angles, allowing the flood-fill to leak through.  I'm not aware of similar problems on any of the desktop platforms (Windows, MacOS, Linux, Raspberry Pi) or on iOS so this seems to be an Android-specific thing, albeit that it works perfectly on all the Android devices I have here (at least six).

I'd be interested to learn if it is failing on any relatively modern device, because even Android 5.1 (Lollipop) is pretty ancient.