Re: Problem with ellipsefill on Android using BBCSDL 1.00a

Richard Russell

On Tue, Feb 5, 2019 at 08:08 PM, Jon Welch wrote:
I will continue to investigate and report back.
I will be fascinated to learn what you finally discover the cause to be (if you do).  I can think of only three ways in which a 'flood fill to foreground' can fail:

1. The 'bounding curve' isn't precisely the same colour as the foreground colour you have specified.
2. The bounding curve has a 'hole' through which the flood fill can leak (it only needs to be one pixel).
3. The 'starting point' isn't where you intended it to be (i.e. outside rather than inside the bounding curve).

It's quite hard to understand how any of those could vary between different Android devices, especially devices sharing the same pixel format, yet that is what is happening.  I can see the attraction of programming for devices that have 'standardised' hardware, such as Apple Macs or iPhones or Xboxes, when you can be pretty confident that if your code works on one it will work on them all.  Not so Windows PCs or Android devices!