Can't create apksigner.jar

lettersquash <j.r.freestone@...>

Hi Richard,
I've hit a problem using bbc2apk.exe. I saw your recent post about compiling BBC files for Android, and thought I'd have a go. I downloaded bbc2apk.exe, but remembered that I didn't have Java installed, so went there and installed a version of the JRE (32-bit, because that's what it advised on my system, running Firefox 32-bit on a Windows x64 ...I've no idea why I haven't got Firefox 64-bit, but that's another story). After installing JRE, I tried bbc2apk, but get the message "Cannot create file C:\Program Files (x86)\BBCtoAPK\bin\apksigner.jar".

I tried deleting and re-downloading the utility in case Java had to recognise its security signing on downloading or something, but that doesn't seem to be the case. Any idea what I'm doing wrong? Is it the wrong version of JRE, or do I need the Java development environment too, or something else? Java has a bunch of settings, including things to do with certificates, but I don't know enough about it to dare tweak them myself.
John