Re: BBC BASIC in 'Hello World' magazine

Dagfinn

That is good to hear!

I learned computing on a Beeb "back in the day" and I am still thanking the British Broadcasting Corporation :-)

Today I got BBCSDL running from a 32-bit Puppy Linux live CD. Sound and graphics worked beautifully. Indeed, there is something about the aesthetics and mentality of Puppy Linux that reminds me of the Beeb, and which makes it a good fit for "modern" BBC Basic.

However, the point is that my first thought upon seeing it run was: I want to use this to teach kids about computing!

So I just wanted to thank you for all your work on BBC Basic, and preserving it for future generations :-)

Best regards,
Dagfinn