Re: Should I bundle Rubik.bbc with the Android edition? #poll

Richard Russell

On Wed, Mar 7, 2018 at 09:22 am, R.E. wrote:
I would rather have them separate I believe.
You are rather late to the party!  The poll produced a conclusive result, and the Android edition complete with Rubik.bbc has already been released!

Perhaps a smaller visual presentation that shows it's capabilities
> would be more appropriate.

You can't show its "capabilities" in one, or even a few, demonstration programs - you need dozens, or more.  Every single example program distributed with BBC BASIC, and there are more than 60 of them currently, demonstrates some capability.  Since all the desktop editions have included Rubik.bbc for a while, omitting it from the Android edition was always an anomaly, and that has now been rectified.  The new iOS edition includes it too.

If you consider that "an attractive visual demo of what BBC Basic can do" is somehow superfluous, I totally disagree.
There was recently a comment posted to this group requesting "a debate on how we can make it appeal to the younger person... David Williams FOD is exactly what we need but sadly is a bit big to bundle".  A "bit big" indeed, at about 50 Mbytes (!), but Rubik is not in that ball park.