Re: BBC BASIC for iOS?

Richard Russell

On Mon, Mar 5, 2018 at 01:33 pm, Rob McKay wrote:
I seem to recall (but cannot confirm) that when a program is "run" in a programming environment that it may take over the whole screen so long as it provides a way to go back to the programming environment.
I can (and do) make sure that the example programs I supply with BBC BASIC have an easy means of returning to the 'IDE', but I have no control over programs written - or downloaded - by the user.  If Apple expect me somehow to modify BBC BASIC so that it's no longer a 'general purpose' programming language, by for example making it impossible to disable the 'escape' action, I'm not going to do that.

I suppose at some point the only thing to do will be to submit it for App Store verification, but assuming that I am honest with my description I think it's almost certain that it will be rejected.