Re: Testers wanted

Paul Marshall

On Thu, Mar 1, 2018 at 02:05 am, Richard Russell wrote:
The facts here are that two of the most experienced and most knowledgeable BBC BASIC users struggled so badly to get my utility working that they were both unable to without extensive help from me.
Surely the idea of having feedback from testers was to iron out those difficulties so that others do not get stuck. Maybe two is enough.  We now know about filename restrictions - and you did tell us about leading dots, and case sensitivity was a silly error - but wont be an issue in future. A few things you have ameliorated in the latest version so it should be easier for any new adopters..
It is indeed very bad that so few have bothered to try it. So come on guys I dont want to lose this tool just because you cant be bothered!