Re: Testers wanted

Richard Russell

The deadline has now passed, and disappointingly there have been very few responses from the testers.  Indeed most of the people who requested a beta copy didn't even bother to acknowledge receipt.  I know I shouldn't be surprised, or allow it to upset me, but it always does.  :-(

The small number of reports received have, on the whole, been negative.  It seems that people have had much more difficulty getting the utility to work for them than I hoped.   The users concerned may (or may not!) wish to post their own reasons for not being enthusiastic.

The concept of a tool which would automatically convert a BBC BASIC program to a self-contained Android app seemed initially very exciting, but like so many of my 'grand ideas' it hasn't worked out.  Sorry.