Re: dlgdemo with keypad

Richard Russell

On Wed, Feb 28, 2018 at 06:22 am, Ian_Wade_G3NRW wrote:
Or is this simple task left as an exercise for the reader?
I don't think it is a "simple" task, because it would involve modifying the library (and you definitely don't want to do that, because I'm making changes to that library on an almost daily basis as I try to make things 64-bit compatible - it's an enormous pain)!

As I said before, dialogue boxes are largely foreign to Android; I don't think I've seen a single Android app with what could be described as a conventional dialogue box as part of its UI.  For that reason it would probably have been better if I had omitted dlgdemo.bbc from the Android edition; it's there because it's included with all the 'desktop' editions and I forgot to remove it, for want of a better explanation.

Are you writing a cross-platform app, i.e. one that is intended to run both on Android and on some or all of the desktop platforms?  In that case I could perhaps be persuaded that a dialogue box is a sensible choice.  But if it's an Android-specific app I would have thought something more tailored to a touchscreen interface, and more typical of other Android apps, would be better.