Re: 64 bit MAC software.

dai_m_leeds

OK, if you want views, here's mine. A 64 bit version would clearly be of value to the Mac-using community, of whom I am not one. In the longer term it might well be of value to others. From previous discussions it is clear that a 64 bit version would have significant incompatibilities with older versions, but I think we need to bite the bullet and accept that this is a fork-point: the 64 bit version will represent a different path, with its own strengths and weaknesses. Given that, it might offer an opportunity to revisit any other issues where you have gone for compatibility over optimisation, if you wished.

Best wishes,