Re: The next steps in installing apps on the Android phone

Ian_Wade_G3NRW

Richard

Once again, thank you for your patience. I am (slowly at my age!) beginning to grasp the big picture of how everything fits together re apps on the Android.

My main aim right now is to implement some very simple Android apps that will let me remotely control (via the cloud) some IoT devices at home. I can do this already via the apps that come with the devices, but I have some homework to do to see how they achieve this (comms protocols, etc). I wonder if anyone else here has tried to do anything like this?

P.S. I understood what you meant about "Paste". Trouble is, there is no mention of the command "Paste" or "Paste File" or "Paste Anything" in the menu on my phone, not even greyed out. Just "Copy" and a few others. More homework still needed.

Ian

On 21/02/2018 20:33, Richard Russell wrote:
On Wed, Feb 21, 2018 at 12:19 pm, Ian_Wade_G3NRW wrote:
Re the other libraries, yes please email them to me,
What other libraries?  I'm very confused (not for the first time).

> there is no matching paste function.
I realised afterwards that it's actually called 'Paste file', but I thought you'd work out what I meant! Also remember that it's a 'context sensitive' menu (a long-press is like a right-click in Windows) so you will only see that item if you long-press where there *isn't* a file. It's all described at the web page to which I linked.