Re: The next steps in installing apps on the Android phone

Ian_Wade_G3NRW

Richard

I told you I was still learning :-) I have just discovered the Menu button and what it does. Problem solved.

Incidentally, I am running Lollipop v5.1.1

Ian

On 20/02/2018 16:31, Richard Russell wrote:
Out of interest, what version of Android are you running?  Pre-KitKat the menu button really did bring up a menu (!), so in those days to close an app you had to *hold down *the menu button and then swipe - not exactly difficult but slightly more effort.  I've been assuming that you're running something more recent so that the menu button directly leads you to the 'close apps' screen.