Re: The next steps in installing apps on the Android phone

Richard Russell

On Tue, Feb 20, 2018 at 08:29 am, Ian_Wade_G3NRW wrote:
Re "closing and restarting BBC BASIC", I still don't see how to do that.
I'm not really understanding what your difficulty is, sorry.  I'm suggesting that you use the same 'close app' action as you would for any other app: that is to tap the menu button, which takes you directly to the 'open apps' screen on modern versions of Android, and then swipe it away (or you may find there is a Close All button; there is on my Samsung tablet).

As I said in my previous reply, if you're using an ancient version of Android (Jelly Bean being the only one with this characteristic that will also run BBC BASIC) the Menu button still had its original purpose of opening a menu, and in that case you have to long-press the button in order to bring up the open apps screen.

But either way, if you don't routinely close apps when you have finished with them, every single app you have ever started since last rebooting the device will still be running in the background!