Re: The next steps in installing apps on the Android phone

Richard Russell

On Tue, Feb 20, 2018 at 07:35 am, Ian_Wade_G3NRW wrote:
I had to power down the phone and start it again to restore proper control.
That sounds bad!  That's never been required here, and nor should it.  When you say "to restore proper control" to what extent was full control not returned by closing-and-restarting BBC BASIC?  That should have re-initialised everything.

> I now see the helpful instruction to press the Android back key twice to escape.

No, that's not going to help you - it's specifically to get you back to the menu after deliberately entering immediate mode. But it won't have that effect on a crash or an accidental exit to immediate mode.

Before you go any further I would experiment with repeatedly closing and re-opening BBC BASIC. That should be absolutely fine, just as it should be with all other apps, and any 'loss of control' requiring a reboot indicates that something is seriously wrong.