Re: The next steps in installing apps on the Android phone

Richard Russell

On Tue, Feb 20, 2018 at 07:00 am, Ian_Wade_G3NRW wrote:
How do I get out of this?
Close BBC BASIC and open it again.  It's inevitable that a general purpose programming language may occasionally crash, or exit to immediate mode etc. in which case you've got no choice but to close the app and start again.  I'm one of those people who (rightly or wrongly) don't like apps running in the background anyway, so it's second nature for me to close everything. I know some claim that's not actually a good idea; but with BBC BASIC there will be occasions - not often, hopefully, but some - when you have no choice.

If you don't routinely close your apps you may get a surprise when you see how many are running in the background!