Re: The next steps in installing apps on the Android phone

Richard Russell

On Tue, Feb 20, 2018 at 12:03 am, Ian_Wade_G3NRW wrote:
where do I copy them to in the phone so that BBCBasic.apk can find them?
As you say I have documented that before, but I am happy to do so again.  The location can vary a little from one device to another, but typically it will be something like Android/data/com.rtrussell.bbcbasic/files/  (this corresponds to the @usr$ folder in BBC BASIC, so you will need to look in that folder to find any programs you have copied there).

Of course with my new BBC2APK utility now being in beta test, you also have the possibility of creating a completely self-contained Android App that is independent of BBC BASIC and can be distributed (or sold) as you wish.  But you will in any case have wanted to test your program thoroughly using BBC BASIC on Android first.