Re: Testers wanted

David Smith

Hi, I am pleased with BBC Basic on my Debian Linux tower. I use this as a development tool. BBC Basic also runs on my Samsung Galaxy Tab and my Samsung Galaxy Young mobile phone.
Here is a link to my website, the three BBC aplications on the first page were developed on my Debian tower.

I am also pleased with the BBC Basic on my Windows 7 and Windowws 10 laptops.
Thank you for keeping a tradition alive, I did my City and Guilds in BBC Basic at South Bristol Technical college. My supervisor was Paul Mobey.
Kind regards,
David S

On Monday, 12 February 2018, 0:44, Richard Russell <news@...> wrote:

I am developing a software tool which will automatically convert a BBC BASIC program to an Android app. My objective is to make it as straightforward to create an APK file for Android as it is to create an EXE file for Windows using BB4W! Enough of it is working to give me confidence that I will succeed: here is an APK for David Williams' Forces of Darkness game that I made this way (40 Mbytes):

http://www.rtr.myzen.co.uk/FOD.apk

Because the user-interface is such an important aspect of the program I would like to invite people to try it out and give me their feedback before it is formally released. The prerequisites are that you must have written a BBC BASIC program which you have confirmed works on an Android device (using BBCSDL), and that you have a relatively modern Windows PC which has Java 1.7 or later installed (or on which you are happy to install Java).

If you would like to volunteer let me know.