Re: Saving an area of the screen

Richard Russell

On Wed, Feb 14, 2018 at 09:57 am, Paul Marshall wrote:
David's graphic capabilities are indeed awesome but it isnt likely I shall go to that level.
If you aspire to writing a program with the performance (not necessarily the complexity) of Forces of Darkness you will have to bite the bullet of either using David's library in BB4W or calling SDL functions in BBCSDL.  I would argue that the latter is easier, if only because the functions are better documented than David's are.  In an ideal world I'd like there to be a pair of 2D graphics libraries (one for BB4W and one for BBCSDL) which would encapsulate those functions and provide a common, platform-independent, interface to the user's program - as I have already done for 3D.