Re: Wikispaces is closing down

J.G.Harston

I've been planning on moving my Whitby Wiki[1] onto my own server to have more control over the layout and get rid of the adverts. To remind myself of the process I've done a test setup of a BBC BASIC Wiki: http://bbwiki.mdfs.net

The markup syntax is different, but I wrote some code some time ago that does the bulk of translation, leaving about 10% needing manual assistance. If this is acceptable I can do a bulk export and transfer everything from WikiSpaces and do the manual massaging.

As long as every five years I remember to renew the domain subscriptions and I keep paying my electricity bills there's nothing else that needs doing.

[1] http://whitby.wikia.com/wiki/Whitby_Wiki

--
J.G.Harston - jgh@... - mdfs.net/jgh