Re: Testers wanted

Richard Russell

On Tue, Feb 13, 2018 at 01:13 am, Paul Marshall wrote:
I never did understand why they were there.
I explained it at the time.  It's a standard feature of Linux (and most derived operating systems) that a file or directory name starting with a dot is 'hidden'; it's  equivalent to the 'hidden' file attribute in Windows.  If you don't want the user to see a file or directory, because it might be distracting or suggest that he can select or interact with it when he can't, it's a very useful feature.  In the specific case of BBCSDL it ensures that the 'touchide' menus are not cluttered with resource directory names that are of no relevance to the user and might cause confusion.  It's very important, in my opinion.