Re: Wikispaces is closing down

Storer, Darren

Hi Richard,

Thanks for the clarification about export formats. A quick Google search didn't bring up the list of export types but I did spot that static HTML was available; from a selfish viewpoint, this would serve my needs.

Please could I have a static HTML export of the BB4W wiki? Whilst static an HTML version wouldn't be trivially extensible, it will be very easy to browse and on occasion I could manually update pages locally.

On the other hand, the option of PDF format was not attractive at all...

Many thanks

Darren

On 12 February 2018 at 22:10, Richard Russell <news@...> wrote:
On Mon, Feb 12, 2018 at 10:16 am, Storer, Darren wrote:
I seem to remember a thread about requesting access to an archive but I'm happy to make my own if there is a simple procedure.
I think we established fairly recently that Wikispaces at some point 'changed the rules' and only an organiser (which means me or Jonathan) can initiate an export.  But before doing that we need to know in which format it will be most useful (there are nine different formats on offer!) and that in turn depends on where we propose to move it, if anywhere.  Previous attempts at making a decision have not got very far, but of course then we had the option of sticking with Wikispaces - at a cost.  Now we don't.