Re: Wikispaces is closing down

Storer, Darren

Hi Richard,

Would it be possible to provide an archive of the BB4W Wiki before it closes? Some time ago I seem to remember a thread about requesting access to an archive but I'm happy to make my own if there is a simple procedure.

Many thanks

Darren

On 12 February 2018 at 16:47, Richard Russell <news@...> wrote:
Wikispaces (who host the BB4W and LBB wiki) are closing down later in the year; here is the official announcement.

The two big advantages of Wikispaces over most other wiki hosting sites are the freedom from advertisements (and therefore the uncluttered nature of the pages) and the syntax colouring; it is the only wiki I know that supports syntax colouring for BBC BASIC.

We have discussed our options before, when Wikispaces introduced an annual subscription, but the very fact that people have been prepared to pay shows that no entirely satisfactory alternative has been identified.