Bedstead font

J.G.Harston

I was playing around with Bedstead font in some documentation I was editing yesterday, and remembered a post that it now came with BB4W. (Bedstead is the SAA505x MODE 7 font)

A quick test and it looks just perfect. However, using it drops characters. The following test program shows this:

MODE 7
*Font Bedstead,15
PRINT ''''''
FOR A=32 TO 126:VDU A:NEXT A:PRINT
FOR A=0 TO 24:PRINT TAB(A,A);CHR$(129+(A MOD 7));"line ";A;CHR$135;:NEXT A

Thirteen characters disappear off the right side of the screen, giving:

!"#$%& line 7 /0123456789:;<=>?@ABCDEFG
UVWXYZ<\ line 8 efghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz\|
line 9

instead of:

!"#$%& line 7 /0123456789:;<=>?@ABCDEFG
HIJKLMNO line 8 XYZ<\>^_£abcdefghijklmno
pqrstuvwx line 9

I updated BB4W this morning to do these tests, so running on BB4W 6.11a (also tested on a test copy of 5.95).

SDL BASIC 0.20 for Windows gives No such font.

--
J.G.Harston - jgh@... - mdfs.net/jgh