Re: BBC BASIC for SDL 2.0 v0.20a released

Richard Russell

On Tue, Feb 6, 2018 at 09:14 am, Paul Marshall wrote:
One nice possibility would be CTRL - Mousewheel which zooms several programs I use regularly.
I thought we were discussing keyboard control.  Mouse control is an entirely different kettle of rodents, and I don't even know whether you can detect mousewheel events in Android.  Simple mouse actions, such as clicks and drags, work because they map to touchscreen gestures, but that's not necessarily the case with the wheel.  Since I don't own a Bluetooth mouse myself I can't do the test.

If you do find that you can detect the mousewheel then of course mapping it in the way you suggest is fine, but that doesn't resolve the problem of how to change the zoom from the keyboard.   I'm sure a lot of people have Bluetooth keyboards, like I have, that can be used with an Android device, and being able to control the zoom is just as valuable for them.  I hardly need say that any modifications I may make to touchide in the next release are not for you, they are for everybody!

I didnt know that until today when I saw CFGfile$ !
In the instructions for touchide it says: "A pinch changes the size of the font. The new size will be remembered in subsequent sessions".  I make no apologies for assuming that if you're making modifications to the program you will have read the help documentation first!