locked Re: Splash Screen Poll #poll

Paul Marshall

I am pleased the majority have gone for my design but disappointed it was not your first choice. The 'green screen VDU' was meant to imply some heritage - maybe I've gone back too far because my first use of BBC Basic was on a green screen. I am happy to change it to a white page of coloured syntax for a more modern look. I think the heritage is a selling point but at the same time yes we want to show it is capable of far more than 'Hello World'. That it IS a 21st century product is demonstrated by the fact that is is here and now running on the latest platforms. The Google Play Store is where the description is going to have to sell the advantages of BBC Basic.  Other Basics on the Play Store look pretty 'basic'!