Re: 64-bit BBC BASIC (again)

Richard Russell

On Thu, Dec 7, 2017 at 03:36 pm, Norman Vingoe wrote:
Once again Richard you have pulled a rabbit out of the hat.
I wouldn't go that far - after all I haven't actually solved any of the compatibility issues surrounding a 64-bit version.  However what I hopefully have done is to demonstrate that a 64-bit version of BBC BASIC should indeed be possible if these issues can be satisfactorily addressed.  In so doing I hope more effectively to engage people in actively thinking about them.

There was probably a greater response to the earlier thread than to any other subject discussed here in recent times, so let's see if we can direct that interest towards providing practical suggestions.  On the other hand if there's little or no take up - and it wouldn't be the first time - I won't pursue a 64-bit version any further.  The ball is in your court.