Re: Stripping LF's from end-of-record

Martin G0HDB

Hi again Richard, thanks for the reminder that when using GET$#file TO &A the resulting string will still contain a CR as its last character.  I had realised this and wondered what the effect might be, but it doesn't seem to have any because the rest of my program only reads up to byte 290 in the string that's now 291 bytes long, including the final CR.

Nevertheless, to be on the safe side I might adopt the remedy of using LEFT$(GET$#file TO &A) to strip off the final CR so that the input string will only ever be 290bytes long and won't contain any control characters; I'll have a play with it to see what happens and if it makes any difference to the rest of my program.

Thanks again,

--
Martin