Re: Displaying the contents of a text file

Richard Russell

On Sat, May 13, 2017 at 03:16 am, Ian_Wade_G3NRW wrote:
I know that *used* to be the case

The message you *appear* to be replying to was not approved and was deleted by me (as its contents were completely false) so I wonder how you saw it.  I hope groups.io is not sending out unapproved messages by email!  I did not feel it was appropriate to reply to your query myself since it related to a feature of BB4W which is clearly documented in the Help file ("String variables: length limited only by available memory"); the format of a string descriptor (with a 32-bit length value) is also documented so there can be no doubt.