Re: BBC BASIC for Linux gallery

Richard Russell

The observant amongst you might have noticed that CLOCK.BBC wasn't one of the example programs included in the gallery. That's not because it was difficult to adapt (the main change was to use BMP rather than JPG images) but because it makes heavy use of the TINT() function, which is very slow in BBC BASIC for Linux (this is because getting data back from an OpenGL surface is inefficient). I have now restructured the program so that it doesn't use TINT() at all, and it runs much faster; I've also added a screen grab to the gallery.