Re: OT: Yahoo neo groups

Ian_Wade_G3NRW

From: yahoo@...
Date: Mon, 23 Sep 2013 Time: 09:10:01

-- In bb4w@..., <bb4w@...> wrote:
With immediate effect, and until further notice, this is no longer the
 'official' support group for BBC BASIC for Windows.
I've seen a couple of slightly strange reactions to this announcement.  One
person said that I had "closed down" the group - which of course I haven't -
and another that the group's Files area is "not available anymore" - when
(at least as far as I know) it is.
OK, I admit it. I was the one who misread your announcement and assumed
you were closing down the group. I stand corrected!

Unless Yahoo have mucked things up even more than I thought, it should
still be possible to upload a file to the group and publish a link to it, for
example on the Conforums board.
In my experience of the new neo groups, Yahoo have indeed "mucked things
up", good and proper. I have had to change a number of URLs on my web
pages that pointed to files in Yahoo Files areas Those URLs don't work
any more. I have had to change them to point to the *folder* containing
the file of interest, rather than direct to the file itself.

I think it's called progress...

--
73
Ian, G3NRW