how to define directories in BEmacs v8.6

Nils Berggren

hi,
I have been using Barry's Emacs since mid-80.  Can't manage without it. Thanks Barry for keeping it alive!
Today I got a new laptop (Win10) and installed Barrys Emacs v8.6.

I have during all the years built some ML libraries.
In previous versions you defined various directories in the menu (Tools->Options->Directories), e.g.  emacs$user, emacs$local_library etc.
In current version I can't find how to do this and I don't know how to get emacs to find my libraries.  Don't find the info in the docs neither.

How do I do that?

kind regards,
Nils

barry

On 9 Oct 2019, at 09:28, Nils Berggren <nils.berggren@...> wrote:

hi,
I have been using Barry's Emacs since mid-80.  Can't manage without it. Thanks Barry for keeping it alive!
Today I got a new laptop (Win10) and installed Barrys Emacs v8.6.

I have during all the years built some ML libraries.
In previous versions you defined various directories in the menu (Tools->Options->Directories), e.g.  emacs$user, emacs$local_library etc.
In current version I can't find how to do this and I don't know how to get emacs to find my libraries.  Don't find the info in the docs neither.

How do I do that?

You must have been using the V7 code.

When I built the V8 versions I left some features behind. That Directories dislaog was one of the them.

Emacs looks in %USERPROFILE%\bemacs folder for your MLisp files.
If you copy the files into that folder everything should work.

You can define environment variables named emacs_user, emacs_path that change the defaults
using the Windows Setting. Search for "env" and it will offer the "Edit environment variables for your
account". In the top list you can add variables. After that start up emacs and it will use thoses
settings.

But usually the defaults seem to be usable.

Barry

kind regards,
Nils

Nils Berggren