Announcing Barry's Emacs 8.6.0

barry

Barry's Emacs is available for Linux, Windows and macOS.

There are kits for macOS, Windows, Fedora 30, Centos 7 and Centos 6.

Please see http://www.barrys-emacs.org/emacs8.html for the installation instructions.

New in V8.6.0
* Fix toolbar drawing issue on macOS where the background of the toolbar was transparent.
* Change the emacs database functions to use sqlite from ndbm.
* Refactor the build scripts to simplify adding new features like sqlite
* Add keyword-2 high-lighting to sh-mode for common shell command, cp, mv etc.
* New feature to allow modes to be executed after a file is reloaded via synchronise;
use by diff-mode.

Barry

G. Hom

Barry,

When using bemacs 8.6.0 to edit html, the color seems to be off with comments.  See attached.

Thanks for any insight.

Gim

<head>
<title>6.111 Lab #3 2019</title>
</head>
<h3>6.111 Lab #3  </h3>V5.0  - (12bit RGB)  2019

When memory...

<!--For this lab, we will produce a monocolor
image by feeding output of the rom directly into R,G,B.  This produces a grey scale impage.
Feeding the output only to R will result in a red monocolor image.
-->

<!--
For a given pixel of the image at
address for that pixel is <i>i * 256 + j</i> where 256 is the width of the
image.
-->

.</body>

barry

On 1 Aug 2019, at 16:34, G. Hom via Groups.Io <g_hom@...> wrote:

Barry,

When using bemacs 8.6.0 to edit html, the color seems to be off with comments.  See attached.

html-mode and xhtml-mode use a trick to colour the html.

The syntax table sets up comments as starting ">" and ending with "<".
This has the effect of allow tags and attributes to be coloured.

This does not work for html comments, as you noticed.

I've added an extra syntax entry to treat "!--" to "--" as comments as well,
which I think will be workable. It works for your example html.

This will be in 8.6.1

Barry

Thanks for any insight.

Gim