From: bardtalk@groups.io [mailto:bardtalk@groups.io] On Behalf Of Shirley Baker
Sent: Sunday, August 12, 2018 4:33 PM
To: bardtalk@groups.io
Subject: Re: [bardtalk] Cost of commercial books to NLS

I do know that but since I paid for the audible book, I would like to listen to it on my phone with my earphones when traveling if I have trouble hearing without ear phones. You are not telling me anything I didn’t already know but thank you anyway.

On Aug 12, 2018, at 6:24 PM, lana <lana5@...> wrote:

I assume you know that you can read bard books on your i
phone

On Aug 12, 2018 2:44 PM, Shirley Baker <shirleybaker@...> wrote:

I am not going to return it because I can put my earphones into the iPhone when going somewhere and listen to it that way. I am not going to Cary the DTBM machine around; too big and bulky for me.

On Aug 12, 2018, at 12:38 PM, Miriam Vieni <miriamvieni@...> wrote:

It has to be less expensive for NLS to purchase the rights for them than it is to produce their own books. If that isn’t the case, then why would they be using them? But then, our government has begun to pay private companies to do a lot of things that it would be cheaper for government to do.

Miriam